Friday, May 30, 2008

More from yesterday

Yesterday was a strange day. I was walking around shedding layers of clothing in the morning because I was so over-dressed for the heat. In the afternoon I was piling the layers back on again as the sun vanished, the clouds gathered and the skies opened - and it rained for the rest of the day. I am sure that the guitar picnic disseminated quickly, which is a shame because they appeared to be having a very nice time. I still can't quite get over the guy on the bicycle pulling along the girl with her guitar in a trailer - a lovely sight.




Here are some photographs of that lovely bush that I photographed yesterday. If you want to see it is in one of my favourite parts of the Stave Hill park - if walk to Stave Hill itself, you will find four exits from the circular path that surrounds it. Head down the exit opposite the one that offers the view to the Gherkin building and turn almost immediately down the track to the right. The pom-poms are on the right. They are delightful but there are roses and other flowers to be enjoyed as well.




No comments: