Friday, July 11, 2008

Two months on

I feel as though I have been writing this blog forever, but I have only been doing it for two months, as of today.

It never ceases to surprise me how much the place changes, in terms of bird, animal, insect and plant life, from one week to the next.

But some things are reassuringly dependable. Every time I visit I make sure that I go to the Downtown pond to see if the heron is on his perch, and he so often is.

As well as the wildlife I've met and talked with some really rather fascinating and knowledgable people. They have opened my eyes to numerous aspects of a very nearby world which I simply didn't realize existed and about which I am still learning.

All in all, two months in to writing this blog, life has turned out to be full of surprises and I'm having huge fun. Can't be bad.

No comments: