Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Does anyone know anything about Rotherhithe during World War I?

World War I poster
Next year I want to do a post to help commemorate the centenary of the outbreak of the First World War.  

I've started looking into it now so that I have a bit of a head start and can assemble as much information as possible. So if you know anything about Rotherhithe during the First World War and would like to add any stories or knowledge that you have from family members, friends, photo albums or scrap books I would be most grateful.  I would love to incorporate as much local knowledge on the subject as possible, and particularly talk about any residents who served.  

If you can help out, please do get in touch.  I can always come and meet you to chat.  My email is andie [at] rotherhitheblog .co .uk.

Obviously full credit will go to everyone who contributes, it would be great to have your thoughts and I would very much appreciate your help.   


No comments: