Just in case anyone is tempted . . .
½ duck breast
2 tsp icing sugar
½ glass red wine
knob of butter
handful of blackberries
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
2. Heat a small non-stick frying pan until hot and cook the duck skin-side down for 4-5 minutes. Transfer to the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through.
3. Place the blackberries and icing sugar into a mini blender and blend until smooth. Pass through a sieve.
4. Remove the duck from the oven and transfer to a plate to rest.
5. De-glaze the pan that the duck was cooked in with the red wine, and allow to thicken. Once reduced, add the butter and blackberry mixture. Heat for a further few minutes.
6. Slice the duck on the diagonal and transfer to a serving plate. Drizzle the blackberry sauce over and sprinkle the whole blackberries over to serve.