Saturday, September 12, 2009

September in the Russia Dock Woodland and Stave Hill Eco Park

I spent most of August and the first week of September in Wales so I've not had much chance to visit the Woodland and Ecological Park. It was great to see the photographs and news reports in Southwark News and elsewhere of the Green Flag ceremony, during which a new noticeboard was established and our own Green Flag was raised on its flagpole next to the St John's bridge, by the green. A lot of work has been carried out in the woodland by volunteers including the Orange RockCorp. But I was sad to see Les Butler's report on some of the areas which are apparently suffering neglect.

I have missed so much of the local park this year, but I was very startled to realize that autumn was underway again. It seems like only five minutes ago that I was taking far too many photographs of beatifully coloured leaves against the grass. This year has vanished in the blink of an eye.

It was good to see the donkeys from the Surrey Docks Farm being exercised in the Woodland and the Eco Park. They looked very content.









1 comment:

CarolineLD said...

Gorgeous photos as ever - I really love the squirrel! I'm amazed, too, to see signs of autumn already.